APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants must be Oklahoma residents.
- In general, applicants for OSAI 2023 must be at least 15 years old by September 1, 2023. (i.e., Students may be as young as 14 during OSAI as long as they turn 15 by September 1, 2023.)
- The vast majority of current 9th-12th graders can apply. Graduating seniors up to age 19 are still eligible.
- The earliest most students are eligible to attend OSAI is the summer after their freshman year of high school. (Current freshman who will not be 15 by September 1, 2023 may still be eligible to audition. Please call our office at 405.605.7500 for more information.)
How to Apply
To apply for the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute, applicants must submit an online application and, depending on the artistic discipline, upload audition materials online and/or participate in a live audition.
Selection Process & Judging Procedures
All applicants, whether accepted, not accepted, or selected as an alternate, will be notified via email by April.
Auditions are judged by professional artists, educators, and members of the Oklahoma Arts Institute Artistic Advisory Panel. At least three judges score each discipline/instrument, and students are selected solely based on those judges’ scores.
All auditions are judged on a statewide basis. Selection is made at the conclusion of statewide auditions based on audition scores, NOT on applicants’ hometowns or other demographic information.
Auditions for all disciplines are as blind as possible, meaning that judges will not have applicants' names, ages, hometowns, etc.
- Acting and dance auditions will be video recorded live and scored at a later date. Judges for acting and dance must see the applicants in order to score them, but they will have no other identifying information about the applicants.
- Chorus and orchestra auditions are audio recorded live and scored at a later date.
The audition process should be a positive, educational experience. While nerves inevitably come with new experiences, please know the OAI staff is available to ease your worries and answer any of your questions. Don't hesitate to call or email anytime: 405.605.7500 or email@example.com.
Please also keep in mind that OSAI is very competitive (approximately 1,000 applicants audition each year for 250 spots), and many of our alumni were not selected the first time they auditioned. So if you are not selected this year, please try again next year.
Thank you for auditioning and good luck!