We are thrilled to announce that we will be providing the OSAI at Home experience through the fall semester for select high school students! We're calling this new program the OSAI at Home Academy.
Arts Educators—please nominate your exceptionally talented students for the OSAI at Home Academy as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the program begins in mid-September, but spaces are expected to fill quickly. The nomination form is linked below. Once we receive your nomination(s), we will follow up with each student to complete the application process.
Every accepted student will receive a full scholarship to participate! We hope that this experience will enrich each student's artistic study through the fall and will prepare students for a successful Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute audition in 2021.
To qualify for the OSAI at Home Academy, students must:
- Currently attend an Oklahoma high school
- Actively study one of: acting, choral music,* creative writing, dance, drawing & painting, film & video, photography or orchestra*
- Have not previously attended the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute at Quartz Mountain
Additionally, nominated students must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Live in a rural area or geographical area that is underrepresented at OSAI
- Identify as a racial or ethnic minority underrepresented at OSAI
- Qualify for the free and reduced lunch program or otherwise able to demonstrate economic hardship
*For chorus and orchestra students, the focus will be on individual and small group instruction. (Students will not perform as part of a chorus or orchestra during the OSAI at Home Academy.) Nominated students do not need to have experience singing with a chorus or playing with an orchestra to be eligible; band and vocal music students are welcome to apply. To see a list of eligible instruments, please refer to the OSAI Orchestra webpage.